🐼 Who we are
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan's long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain 🇪🇸 and Belgium 🇧🇪, and guess what: the best is yet to come!
🤘 How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
💎 Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
🎁What to expect?
Since its creation, Alan has focused on creating and distributing value through disruptive corporate ideas (you can read our co-founder Charles’ blog post on Making the team’s equity worth money for a few examples).
As Alan’s Corporate Legal Counsel, your main goal will be to continue and scale this legacy by increasing Alan’s autonomy and creativity on corporate law questions (with, initially at least, a heavy focus on M&A):
You will build a strong position for Alan regarding international M&A transactions and other strategic corporate law topics and increase the velocity of transactions. You will work hand-in-hand with business and product owners on our M&A strategy, deal structuring, LOI signatures, transaction negotiations, closing, and integration
You will help implement the next stage of Alan’s corporate story, with a new corporate organisation, scalable equity grants, and simplified corporate operations
You will manage Alan’s corporate governance including quarterly Board meeting preparation, shareholder registries maintenance and share transfers. You will work closely with the finance team to maintain our cap table and communicate with shareholders. You will be a key contributor to financing operations including fundraising
You will support the corporate development, finance or people teams to answer complex legal questions related to new topics such as our work from anywhere policy
You will liaise with Alan’s corporate and tax lawyers as required